Division of Hepatology
Offering comprehensive liver care
Welcome to the Sandra Atlas Bass Center for Liver Diseases/Division of Hepatology, the largest comprehensive liver program on Long Island. We offer a wide variety of liver-related medical services, a full clinical research program, a pharmacist-run medical acquisition program, community educational outreach programs as well as the only liver transplantation program east of Manhattan.
We are committed to providing state-of-the-art, compassionate care to the diverse populations that we serve. Our multidisciplinary team consists of highly trained hepatologists, liver transplant surgeons, liver surgeons, interventional radiologists, therapeutic endoscopists, pathologists, oncologists, nurse practitioners, pharmacists and nurse coordinators—all dedicated to caring for patients suffering from liver disease.
Our internationally recognized faculty provides individual leading-edge treatment, personalized support and ongoing education to our patients, as well as patient navigator services. We also educate medical students, residents and fellows at the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, and we place a strong focus on research and clinical trials.
Honors and awards
- Dr. Bernstein: ACG Category Award (Liver) ACG Annual Meeting Las Vegas 2016: An analysis of virological failure patients treated for hepatitis C with direct acting anti-viral therapy in a community based practice: is the real world like clinical trials (poster 1984)
- Dr. Bernstein: Physician of the Year, American Liver Foundation Annual Meeting, October 2016
- Dr. Bernstein: Honoree, North Shore University Hospital Annual Golf Outing July 2016
- Dr. Bernstein: American College of Gastroenterology Senior Governor’s Award 2013
- Dr. Bernstein: Distinguished Alumni Award SUNY-Stony Brook School of Medicine Awarded 2015