As the nation’s population continues to age, the demand for competent, compassionate physicians with special training will continue to grow. The Division of Geriatric and Palliative Medicine is helping to prepare the next generation of physicians in this subspecialty through accredited fellowship programs and other educational services.
Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine at Northwell Health
The one-year geriatric medicine fellowship emphasizes excellence in geriatric patient care in the full continuum of clinical settings, including acute and chronic hospital, inpatient consultation, assisted living, rehabilitation, nursing home and ambulatory care, among others.
Fellowship in Hospice & Palliative Care Medicine at Northwell Health
The Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine at Northwell Health offers a one-year fellowship in hospice and palliative care medicine. This program trains physicians to develop skills essential to a career in academic medicine or community practice.
Division educational activities
- A Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC)-designated community-based Palliative Care Leadership Center
- Advanced illness learning collaborative
- Goals of Care Conversation Educational Program (GoCCEP)
- Resident Geriatric Experience at ambulatory care site, Northwell Health Physician Partners Geriatric and Palliative Medicine at Great Neck
- Medical student experiences: Initial clinical experiences, fourth year ICU and ethics rotations
- Social work student mentoring through Touro College
- Summer Intern Scholar Program with the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research
- Learn palliative care
- Global health initiative