Residency in Internal Medicine at Long Island Jewish Forest Hills
Applicants interested in the Internal Medicine training program at Long Island Jewish Forest Hills should solely apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), a service of AAMC (American Association of Medical Colleges), which begins accepting applications starting Sept. 1.
Position NRMP #
Categorical Three-Year Program 2062140C0
Preliminary One-Year Program 2062140P0
No applications are reviewed after Dec. 1.
Essential application information includes:
- Common application form
- Curriculum vitae
- USMLE step 1 & 2 with scores of 215 or higher
- USMLE step 2 not required at time of application
- Pass all steps on the first attempt
- Medical school transcript
- A personal statement
- Three(3) letters of recommendation that are no more than 6 months old from the date of application, one letter must be submitted by the dean
- ECFMG Status Report, if applicable
Applicants must have graduated from medical school in the past five years. Long Island Jewish Forest Hills Hospital does not sponsor visa applications. Interview season takes place from November through January.
Salary & benefits
Base salaries as of July 1, 2019
- PGY1: $72,000
- PGY2: $74,000
- PGY3: $76,000
- Off-campus housing offered
- Off-site child care services offered
- Malpractice, health, and life insurance
- Meal allowance
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Vacation: four weeks in each year of training, taken as two two-week blocks
- Support for attendance at national conferences when presenting posters or papers as first author.
- Educational stipend given per each academic year