Fellowship in Musculoskeletal Radiology at Northwell Health
The Department of Radiology at Northwell Health offers a fellowship training program in musculoskeletal radiology. The Musculoskeletal Imaging Fellowship is designed to give clinicians with prior residency training in diagnostic radiology advanced education in all aspects of musculoskeletal imaging, including:
- Bone densitometry
- Nuclear imaging
- Diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound
The program is run through North Shore University Hospital and associated outpatient imaging centers on Long Island. Our fellow will train with the latest state-of-the-art technology available at these centers. The curriculum for the fellowship includes:
- Sports medicine
- Diagnostic and therapeutic interventional radiology (including spine)
- Nuclear medicine
- Orthopedic oncology
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
Our fellow will have the opportunity to participate in interdepartmental meetings and train residents in the diagnostic radiology program. Opportunities for clinical research are also available at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research.
The program admits one fellow annually. Applicants should send their documents to Regina Buonincontro via email at [email protected].
Trainees must have completed an ACGME-accredited diagnostic radiology residency training program and be either licensed in New York state or eligible for a license.
Essential application information includes:
- Universal application
- Curriculum vitae
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript
- Medical school diploma, final transcript and performance evaluation
- Personal statement
- Internship certificate
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from your current program director and one from the MSK department.
- ECFMG Status Report, if applicable