Fellowship in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry at Northwell Health
To graduate Consult Liaison psychiatrists who are able to lead and heal at the intersection of psychiatry and medicine.
Welcome to the Zucker School of Medicine Consult Liaison Psychiatry Fellowship at Long Island Jewish Medical Center and North Shore University Hospital. Since 1972, our psychiatry C-L services have been able to evolve, adapt and, most importantly, lead in educating trainees and fellows. We are proud of the accolades our program has received, including the 2001 recognition of associate professor Joseph Weiner, MD, PhD, with the Alan Stoudemire Award for Innovation and Excellence in C-L Psychiatry Education. Today, the C-L fellowship offers a robust training experience. Our fellows have access to the best of Long Island Jewish Medical Center, North Shore University Hospital and Zucker Hillside Hospital, as well as the whole of Northwell Health, New York State’s largest health system, providing them with the knowledge and grounding they need to act as a bridge between behavioral health and medicine.
Our program attracts residents who are passionate about bridging the gap between psychiatry and medicine and who wish to become outstanding clinicians and leaders. Through the Northwell Health fellowship in consult liaison psychiatry, trainees hone their skills and prepare to advocate for and heal psychiatric patients in an ever-changing healthcare landscape.
Recent graduates include:
- Samuel Greenstein, MD – After completing his C-L fellowship in 2019, Dr. Greenstein joined the faculty and is now the associate fellowship director, as well as a C-L attending at Long Island Jewish Medical Center.
- Ateaya Lima, MD – After completing her C-L fellowship in 2018, Dr. Lima took a position as chief of the C-L service at Northwell Health’s Mather Hospital.
- Anu Tyagi, MD – Dr. Tyagi completed her C-L fellowship in 2017 and returned to India to practice medicine.
- Humaira Shoaib, MD – After completing her C-L fellowship in 2016, Dr. Shoaib joined the faculty at Long Island Jewish Medical Center as an attending C-L psychiatrist.
- Jaqueline Levin, MD – After completing her C-L fellowship in 2016, Dr. Levin joined the faculty at North Shore University Hospital as an attending C-L psychiatrist.
- Yan Girshman, MD – After completing his fellowship in 2016, Dr. Girshman joined Boca Raton Regional Hospital, a Northwell Health affiliate, as a C-L psychiatrist.