Division of Nephrology
At the Division of Nephrology, our goal is to improve the lives of patients with kidney disease and hypertension through sensitive, patient-focused care, dedication to discovery and innovation, and through teaching the next generation of skilled and compassionate kidney physicians.
Our dedication to providing exceptional medical care includes a focus on offering state-of-the-art treatments and maintaining award-winning ratings for patient satisfaction. Each of our 19 faculty members is an exceptionally trained authority in general nephrology, and together they provide the highest level of expertise in all areas of kidney disease and hypertension.
Our philosophy is that we can best serve people with kidney disease through outstanding clinical care with an added emphasis on continuous research into mechanisms and treatment of kidney disease and by training the next generation of compassionate and highly expert nephrologists. We are proud of the national recognition received for innovative clinical programs and novel approaches to education.
Honors and awards
- 2018 Dr. Daniel Ross leads the creation of the first Point of Care Ultrasound in Nephrology Society
- 2018 Patients’ Choice Award – Dr. Susana Hong
- 2018 Patients’ Choice Award – Dr. Lionel Mailloux
- 2017 Spielman Awardee for Excellence in Research – Dr. Pravin Singhal
- 2017 Dr. Daniel Ross wins Teacher of the Year for 2017 for the Department of Medicine
- 2017 North Star 90 Award for Patient Satisfaction – Division of Nephrology
- 2016 Candee Award for Excellence in Education – Dr. Kenar Jhaveri
- 2015 Patients’ Choice Award – Dr. Lionel Mailloux
- 2015 Likelihood to Recommend Medicine Service Line Award – Dr. Susana Hong
- 2014 American Kidney Fund Nephrologist of the Year – Dr. Steven Fishbane