Northwell Health Labs is a full service integrated health system based laboratory network, the largest in the region. It is comprised of a centralized core laboratory and over 60 hospital and outpatient locations. Northwell Health Labs perform more than 25 million tests per year and serves the entire New York Metropolitan area. Our laboratory provides a variety of services including home phlebotomy, lab collection centers, reference testing and consultative and informatics services. These services are provided to patients, physician practices, hospitals, insurance companies, nursing homes, other laboratories and the diagnostic industry. In addition to general testing, the laboratory performs specialized testing in complex microbiology, endocrinology, cytogenetics, molecular genetics, cytology, hematology, immunology, special coagulation, and diagnostic surgical pathology. Northwell Health Labs’ integrated health delivery model allows for continuity of care across the healthcare continuum making our laboratory network a valuable partner to providers, insurance companies, and most importantly the populations we serve.
Why choose us?
Patients choose Northwell Health Labs for many reasons, including:
- Advanced training in more than a dozen subspecialties – Our department is staffed by more than 40 subspecialty-trained pathologists who focus on specific areas of pathology, ranging from autopsies and breast pathology to thoracic and gastrointestinal pathology.
- Board-certified and board-eligible pathologists – Our pathologists have achieved the highest level of proficiency in their specialty.
- Commitment to education – Through our association with the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, our pathology department actively participates in the training of pathology residents and fellows and educates medical students during their clinical rotations in the laboratory.
- Leadership in the field – Our pathologists publish regularly in medical journals and are sought-after speakers at national and international conferences.
- A collaborative approach – Pathologists and research scientists share knowledge with the goal of integrating research findings into improved patient care. We are accredited by: CAP, CLIA, NYSDOH, NCCLS and NGSP.