Bioskills Education Center
The Bioskills Education Center is a 6,200-square-foot, state-of-the-art education facility that brings the latest operative techniques to Northwell Health attending physicians, residents, medical students, nurses, surgical technologists and others in the medical field.
The center offers surgical training, continuing medical education and research with the most advanced video and endoscopic surgical equipment and other technology. It is dedicated to providing an exceptional hands-on experience using cadaveric specimens in regional, national and international workshops for a variety of audiences, including physicians, medical professionals, associations and vendors.
Workshops are appropriate for product training and development, surgical technique development and residency/fellowship training in a variety of disciplines, including:
- Emergency medicine
- Family medicine
- General surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation
The Bioskills Education Center augments its state-of-the-art equipment and advanced training techniques with a full complement of services and amenities, including:
Reception and banquet areas
- Our reception area is equipped with internet access and offers a comfortable location to relax, connect and network between procedures and presentations.
- Our banquet area is appropriate for catered events and provides a pleasant dining setting outside of the educational theater.
- A spacious conference room provides an ideal venue for lectures or meetings and can accommodate virtually any type of presentation. A built-in projector and a podium equipped with a computer terminal facilitates the use of media such as slides, video and audio.
- Male and female locker rooms with shower facilities are available for participants before and after working in the laboratory. Disposable scrubs are provided, as are individual lockers for personal belongings.
- Two washer/decontaminators are also provided to allow participants to clean their equipment after participating in workshops.
The Bioskills Education Center laboratory offers an operating room setting and is equipped with multiple surgical stations. The laboratory can accommodate a full array of surgical and training requirements, including:
- Radiolucent tables
- Operating room lights with in-light cameras
- Flat-panel monitors
- Audiovisual capability
- Dissecting instrumentation
- Endoscopic towers
- Streaming capability, allowing viewing of laboratory activities by participants in the conference room and/or reception area
- Decontamination room equipped with two washer/decontaminators for proper processing of instrumentation
- Specimen procurement
All tissue is obtained from agencies licensed by the state of New York. We strictly adhere to all regulatory requirements and ethical standards for tissue-handling.